Welcome to Women & Children First – a not-for-profit, community-based service for women and vulnerable families, including women and children escaping domestic and family violence.
Our vision is to ensure women, children and families are safe, secure, connected and provided with the opportunity and environment to thrive.
Our services include:
Walk for Women & Children November 2021
Reunite with loved ones through exercise and help women and children escaping domestic violence and abuse reunite with their dignity and respect.
Walk for Women and Children is a virtual community event running for the entire month of November. Stepping out for Women and Children gives you the opportunity to raise vital funds for at-risk families while building your fitness and enjoying reunions with loved ones.
You can choose to walk, run, go back to the gym, swim – anything that gets you active. Just set your goal and let your friends and family know by sharing your fundraising page.
Your fundraising will help in many practical ways:
- $25 buys craft supplies to keep young children busy and learning through play
- $50 pays for new school shoes to replace those left behind
- $100 buys groceries to a mother can cook meals for her family while living in our refuge
- $250 buys new clothes and make-up so a woman can regain her dignity and attend job interviews
- $500 buys a bunk bed for a mother and child moving to transitional housing
Will you Walk for Women & Children and help vulnerable families reclaim their dignity, self-esteem and respect?
Register for Walk for Women & Children here:
Can You Help?
For more than 40 years, we've been supporting women and children escaping domestic violence.Learn More
- Make a donation
- Attend events and fundraisers
- Donate store gift cards
- Volunteer your services
- Raise vital funds