The Northern Beaches Family Support Service promotes health, safety and wellbeing for women and children.
The service supports mothers and carers to give children the best start in life and to help them reach their potential, stretching their aspirations.
We support vulnerable families with children aged 0 to 12 years through a number of programs:
- Parenting skills group work, in particular, Circle of Security, Emotion Coaching, Tuning into Kids, Cool Tools, Drop in and Share and Messy Play.
- Parenting support through individual casework, information, advice and referrals.
- Supported playgroup (provided by Integricare)
- Case management
- Home visiting
- Supported playgroup
Check out our full list of PROGRAMS
We aim to:
- provide a service that focuses on a family’s strengths; our Family Support Workers help families identify their strengths and look at their struggles to help improve situations that may be causing stress
- enhance the relationship between the parent/carer and child/ren to support the healthy social and emotional development of children
- strengthen families and communities
Useful parenting resources can be found below along with information on our RESOURCES page.